Posted by Sari
1. Because he was "crotchety,
opinionated, endearing, temperamental, frank, erudite, outspoken, generous,
eccentric, restless, petty, choleric, philosophical, plucky, quirky,
pugnacious, fanciful, stubborn and whimsical"
2. Because “You and I ought not to die, before We have explained ourselves to each other.”
3. Because history is sometimes more symmetrical than fiction would ever dare to be.
4. Because of Abigail
5. Because he is a delight to read
6. And of course because of this and this, the greatest historical movie ever :-)