Posted by Sari
1. Because he was "crotchety,
opinionated, endearing, temperamental, frank, erudite, outspoken, generous,
eccentric, restless, petty, choleric, philosophical, plucky, quirky,
pugnacious, fanciful, stubborn and whimsical"
2. Because “You and I ought not to die, before We have explained ourselves to each other.”
3. Because history is sometimes more symmetrical than fiction would ever dare to be.
4. Because of Abigail
5. Because he is a delight to read
6. And of course because of this and this, the greatest historical movie ever :-)
I just heard the news that a new HBO miniseries "John Adams" will premiere in March 2008. Starring Paul Giamatti as Mr. Adams, Laura Linney as Abigail and Rufus "Charles II" Sewell as Alexander Hamilton. Based on that bestselling David McCullough biography. There's a trailer on Youtube, but that one does not reveal too much. Since its HBO, I guess YLE will air it, hopefully also in 2008.
Posted by: Manu | December 21, 2007 at 00:50